Caregiving for CHF can offer a higher-quality of life for your loved one. In home health care for CHF patients could also be a very important factor to a healthier, longer life.
What is CHF?
CHF stands for congestive heart failure. The term is used when the heart is unable to perform as needed in order to provide the body with oxygen, blood, and nutrients.
- Age – Congestive heart failure can occur at any age, affecting both children and adults. Nearly 1.4 million people under the age of 60 have CHF.
- Newly Diagnosed – Each year there are about 55,000 new cases of CHF diagnosed in the United States.
- Americans Affected – There are close to 5 million Americans currently living with CHF. Many go undiagnosed.
- Seniors – More than 5% of seniors aged 60-69 have CHF and the number increases with age. It is the most common diagnosis for seniors 65 and older who are admitted into the hospital.
Diagnosed with CHF
If you or someone you love has been diagnosed with congestive heart failure Above & Beyond Home Health Care wants to help. Along with the resources listed below, we offer caregiving for CHF patients and/or skilled nursing right at home.
- Children – If you have a child who has been diagnosed with CHF or CHD (Congenital Heart Defect) this free web booklet from the American Heart Association can help.
- Adults – This free web booklet from the AHA offers great insight about adults who have been diagnosed with CHF or CHD.
- Causes – The top 3 causes for CHF are:
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Alcoholism (Long Term Abuse)
- Treating CHF – Because CHF can occur from any number of heart and health problems treatment for congestive heart failure may vary. The main goal of treating CHF is to lessen any progression first and then, if possible, repair or end it.
Caregiving for CHF
There are a number of reasons why caregiving for CHF patients can be beneficial.
- Diet/Weight Management – Our in home caregivers and home health care providers for the areas of Iowa that we provide service will help you control your weight and eat healthier. We can cook for you, shop for you, or help you do your own cooking and shopping.
- Light Housekeeping – We can help with housekeeping tasks so that you aren’t exhausted and can focus on enjoying other areas of your life.
- Post & Pre-surgical Care – Our team can offer pre-surgical therapy so that you go into surgery as strong as possible. Our post surgery care includes in home health care options such as physical & occupational therapy, in home caregiving health aides, and more.
- Transportation – Assisting you to appointments, outings, and testing can help reduce the stress of driving yourself. Having an aide escort you helps ensure that you have any needs that may arise taken care of; such as dropping you off at the door, helping to keep you steady when weak or off balance, holding on to you to reduce your risk of falling, and much more.
- Personal Care Assistance – Helping you with daily personal hygiene tasks can reduce taxing your heart and body if you were to care for yourself without help.
- Increase Activity – You can move around more with the assistance of one of our in home caregivers or one of our physical therapists can help you exercise and move safely with the goal to increase your activity levels.
Contact us today to provide caregiving for CHF for you or someone you love.
 Emory Healthcare in Atlanta, GA
 Medicine Net – What Causes CHF?
Flickr Photo by sinclair.sharon28
Photo2 by NicoBorie (Pixabay)