At Above & Beyond, our Music Therapists work with patients to help alleviate stressors that may be causing unneeded pain physically, mentally, cognitively, socially and emotionally. They also observe and assess patients needs to develop goals, and creates a plan using music intervention specific to the patients’ needs.
Possible benefits from music therapy include but are not limited to:
- Reduction of pain
- Increase in relaxation from anxiety or respiratory distress
- Functional movement and successful independence
- Positive interaction and communication with loved ones
- Means for control and normalize environment
- Comforting presence and validate emotional response
- Encourage communication when otherwise may be difficult
- Provide positive sensory stimulation
- Reminisce and life review to elevate mood
- And much more!
Above & Beyond Music Therapists
LEANNE SHRADEL MT-BC
LAURA FEHR MT-BC
BROOKE MOELLER, MT-BC