Bereavement support is offered to you and your family after the death of a loved one. Bereavement addresses the phases of grief and acceptance. Our bereavement coordinator, Carol DeJong, provides one on one support to the patient’s family by providing home visits, phone calls and volunteer visits. We follow individuals for at least one year after the death to provide support and encouragement.
- Camp Horizon of Hope Youth Grief Holiday Workshop for 2018
- Camp Horizon of Hope
- Memory Garden Event
- Bereavement Support Group
- Memorial Garden
- Community Bereavement Support and In-Services
- Helping Children Work Through the Grieving Process
- Helping Grieving Families
- Grief Release Event – August 28, 2016
Bereavement Support Groups
Click on the images above for more details.
Above & Beyond Hospice has a memorial garden which is located at Riverside Gardens in Monticello, Iowa. The garden was designed to provide a place to reflect, remember and grieve.
The Bereavement Coordinator also coordinates in-service presentations at facilities to educate patients, families, and the community on topics that aren’t easily talked about. Call Carol DeJong to schedule a free in-service at your facility!