Above and Beyond Home Health Care, Inc. offers the benefits of grief support groups each month; to help you cope with the death of someone you love. These monthly meetings are free adult support groups and are just another way that we help you deal with your grief.
Benefits of Grief Support Groups
(Coping with the Death of Someone You Love)
We offer counseling for people of every walk of life; families, children & adults. We are all touched by grief at some point in our life. Learning how to cope with the loss of someone you love doesn’t have to be something you do alone.
How Support Groups Help Bereavement
- Use in Conjunction with Private Counseling – A support group can be used along with personal grief counseling. The added support of others and knowing that you are not alone with your feelings or thoughts can be very beneficial.
- Friendships – You will most likely create a bond with some of the people who attend our monthly group. These bonds can help you connect with people who are just like you; dealing with the loss of someone they love and feeling many of the same feelings you feel.
- Sharing Ideas – As a part of a group, you will hear how others have coped. Ideas about various coping skills and activities can be very helpful.
- Memorial Garden – Above & Beyond offers a Memorial Garden to help you through your grieving process. The idea of a memorial is often one way people like to process their grief.
- Loneliness – Being with others will help you deal with the loneliness you may be feeling after your loss.
- What’s “Normal” – Our adult grief support group helps you to understand that there is no “expectation” for grieving. Everyone will have their own process, their own way and their own time frame. However, it is normal to grieve and you need to allow yourself to accept your grieving.
Enjoying Life Again
You may feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. A grief support group will help guide you towards living life again. Some key points to remember:
- Led by Professionals – Our support group is led by a person who is specifically trained in helping others deal with their grief. You will be guided by experts who know and understand the grieving process.
- Real Life Situations – With interaction and participation of anyone who feels comfortable adding to the group, you will be able to learn from other people’s input. Participants are a group of your peers that will be at various points of their grieving and have real life experience to share first hand.
- Healing – We deal with the healing process. By listening, providing guidance, and offering new techniques we are able to help you move forward in your life.
- Time – There is no time limit, no set of rules and no magic pill that will heal your pain. We work with you both one on one and/or in our free monthly grief support group to eventually find the point where you are doing better and living life fully.
- Private – Working as a group provides the ability to have a safe place to express yourself. It is a very private group that develops a bond that you will eventually feel comfortable and at ease with as you talk and work things out.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us about being a part of the healing powers shared by the amazing people who join together each month. You deserve to experience the benefits of grief support groups that we offer here in the Monticello, Iowa area.
Photo by jinterwas