Above and Beyond specializes in helping grieving families with an approach that will focus on everyday life. We offer a variety of therapies, including youth/children grieving, family grieving, and coping techniques to help make life better for you and your family.
Helping Grieving Families Work Through the Process
There is no shame in seeking professional help after losing someone you love; no matter what the circumstances of their death may have been. There are a number of ways that professional therapies can help how to cope with family grief.
- Support Groups – Many people find that talking with others who are dealing with the loss of a loved one can be extremely helpful. Our free, monthly adult grief support meeting offers a valuable resource for those in the Monticello, IA area.
- Privacy – One on one counseling can be beneficial because you have a line of communication that is open and private with just you and your family and counselor. You may also find that the feelings and thoughts you are having are similar among other families and individuals who have lost someone you love.
- Coping Skills – As professionals, our counselors/therapists are taught and continuously learning a variety of coping skills. These skills will help you with not only dealing with the absence of your loved one on special days and holidays, but in everyday life and in moments when your grief seems stronger.
- Understanding – There are times when simply understanding why you are having particular feelings, where your grief stems from, and most of all how to continue to function as a family in a healthy environment with the feelings of grief can be the key to making your family able to accept your loss and move forward.
The Importance of Moving on with Your Life
The goal, after losing your loved one, is usually quite similar to what everyone wants in life; happiness. There are a number of benefits from professional counseling that can help your family move forward with life after the loss of a loved one.
- Functioning as a Family – Above and Beyond focuses on functioning as a family again. We will work with you, offering suggestions and coping techniques to move on and function together as a family.
- Access to Resources – We are here for you and your family during the early times of coping with your grief and later when certain dates, functions, and holidays can trigger feelings. We will lead you to resources, including books, DVDs, work pages that can help you cope.
- Acceptance – Professional counseling services will help you understand the feelings and actions you may be experiencing as a family. Accepting your loss and learning how to deal with it is important.
The death of a loved one is never easy. We specialize in helping grieving families find peace within themselves and function once again as a family unit.
Photo by Keoni Cabral