Veteran Home # 1 – Veteran Fred Eggiman
Veteran Home # 2 – Carol Dolphin in honor of late husband Veteran David Dolphin
Veteran Home # 3 – Kay Moriarity in honor of late husband Veteran Ed Moriarity
Veteran Home # 4 – Veteran Bruce Billings
Veteran Home #5 – Joyce Petersen in honor of late husband Veteran Dwayne Petersen
Veteran Home #6 – Veteran Raymond Pata
Video of Joy Adams singing TAPS along with a brief history of the song.
Jim Miossi with our tribute to Veteran’s for our recognition and pinning ceremony.
Above & Beyond Home Health & Hospice is a proud provider of the following Veteran Benefit’s services and certifications.
- We Honor Veterans Palliative & Hospice Level 1 Certification has been sustained since 2016 and are very close to reaching Partner level Two.
- Above & Beyond is part of a piolet planning group: Concurrent Care: Veterans can remain on hospice but still seek treatment through the VA for their Terminal Diagnosis.
- Per federal guidelines: VA patients under home health therapy services do not have to be “home bound status” to receive in home Physical & Occupational Therapies.
- VA patients are able to receive home health services as requested by the VA
- An array of Durable Medical Equipment needed by VA patients for Home Health & Hospice Care are reliably available and covered by VA benefits – home health staff are able to assist in getting these DME products to VA patients.
- Above & Beyond describes ourselves as a “Veteran-Centric” organization
- Volunteer In-Service training done in the year 2018: Volunteers: An Essential Ingredient in Caring for Veterans at the EOL (end of life)
- Annual Veterans Day Pinning& Certificate Ceremonies for Veterans & Spouses or family members on our Above & Beyond Hospice Care (see pinning ceremony video on this page and also see more information about pinning ceremonies).
- Above & Beyond provides VA respite Care under state & government qualifications. Qualified recipients can received 6 hours of Respite care 30 times a year.
- Above & Beyond is contracted with several facilities that provide VA insurance benefits. Social Work staff is well versed on making arrangements for VA patients to be admitted to these facilities under VA benefits.
- Above & Beyond Staff Trainings are continually being done. To date this year we have given extra focus on: PTSD Training, Effective communication, Infection Control, Child and dependent adult abuse, Dementia, Discrimination, LGBTQ-inclusive, Disaster preparedness, Privacy & HIPPA.